Re: [regression] CD-DA delay needed after insertion

From: Boaz Harrosh
Date: Sun Jun 15 2008 - 08:47:09 EST

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> We've found another regression in 2.6.25 w.r.t. CD media change on PS3.
>
> It can easily be reproduced by:
>
> 1. Inserting an audio CD
> 2. Running the following command as soon as the blue CD/DVD/BD drive LED
> stops blinking and is lit continuously:
>
> cdparanoia -Z -q 1-1[:1] /dev/null || echo failed
>
> On 2.6.25 (and current mainline), you have to wait ca. 10 seconds after
> insertion, or it will fail.
> On 2.6.24 and older, it just works immediately.
>
> It does not matter whether
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux%2Fkernel%2Fgit%2Fjejb%2Fscsi-rc-fixes-2.6.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=d1daeabf0da5bfa1943272ce508e2ba785730bf0
> is applied or not.
>
> We haven't bisected it yet.
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Geert Uytterhoeven
> Software Architect
>
> Sony Techsoft Centre
> The Corporate Village  Da Vincilaan 7-D1  B-1935 Zaventem  Belgium
>
> Phone: +32 (0)2 700 8453
> Fax: +32 (0)2 700 8622
> E-mail: Geert.Uytterhoeven@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/
>
> Sony Technology and Software Centre Europe
> A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
> Registered office: Technologielaan 7  B-1840 Londerzeel  Belgium
> VAT BE 0413.825.160 Â RPR Brussels
> Fortis 293-0376800-10 GEBA-BE-BB

James hi.

It looks like the same problem as before. Any BLOCK_PC command will
eat the UNIT_ATTENTION notification. Which is what I was afraid of.
I was thinking of something like below.

Totally untested, never even booted. It is just to demonstrate the concept.
Please tell me if it is at all desirable and I'll spend some time to see
if it runs, and test it.

Boaz
---