Re: [GIT]: Networking

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sat Jun 14 2008 - 02:28:24 EST

* Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> FYI, that regression is not fully fixed yet - your revert differs from
> the one i tested (from Ilpo) by the delta patch below. Without the
> extra change below i got this net/sched/sch_generic.c warning, twice:
>
> [ 173.354049] NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
> [ 173.354148] ------------[ cut here ]------------
> [ 173.354221] WARNING: at net/sched/sch_generic.c:222 dev_watchdog+0x9a/0xec()

just to clarify the bug pattern: the box was still accessible after the
warning. So this is a far less serious problem and i'd suggest we open
up a separate regression entry for it and consider the hung-TCP problem
closed. (i havent seen the hang in the last week, with either version of
the tcp-accept reverts)

Ingo