Re: mainlining min-configs...

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Wed Jun 11 2008 - 02:38:51 EST

> > When I get my kconfig patchset polished you will be able to do:
> >
> > make K=my_mini_config allnoconfig
>
> So you're renaming KCONFIG_ALLNOCONFIG then?

Somehow yes. The K= notation I hope will see more use. Only very few
people know the KCONFIG_ALL*CONFIG= trick.

> > Thus selecting 'no' for all new symbols in an automated fashion.
> > I know that in a few cases 'no' is the wrong answer but in the
> > 99% of the cases 'no' is perfectly valid.
>
> For a "make miniconfig", warnings should be errors. (Attempts to set unknown
> symbols are an error with a miniconfig, the operation should exit with a
> nonzero error code.) Also, all the stuff allnoconfig puts to stdout
> shouldn't be there for miniconfig, only the stuff it writes to stderr right
> now should show up.

My reference was to a minimal config of a system - not to a miniconfig
as your patcset produces. Just to make it clear.

The patchset I refer will also reduce the nosie generated during make *config.

Sam