Re: [fixed] [patch] Re: [bug] stuck localhost TCP connections,v2.6.26-rc3+

From: David Miller
Date: Tue Jun 10 2008 - 18:49:46 EST

From: Patrick McManus <mcmanus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:08:57 -0400

> If we're sure of that conclusion we should just take Ilpo's DA patch as
> that will narrow the field for finding Hakon's issue.

While the conclusion might be accurate, Ilpo's patch adds a lock
ordering problem that might introduce potential deadlocks (worst
case) or at least some lockdep warnings. Both of which are
unacceptable.

I personally don't see any clear solution, and because this new
DA code moves an operation into a code block where the locking
order pretty much has to be inverted, I don't see any real short
term solution other than a revert of this particular DA commit.