Frame buffers and early i2c

From: Uli Luckas
Date: Mon Jun 09 2008 - 10:55:31 EST

I am in the process of trying out a display connected to a colibri board's
pxa frame buffer device. The display's power supply is switch through i2c.

In order to use the frame buffer console I have i2c and pxafb compiled in.

By default, the pxafb driver get's initialized before the i2c bus causing the
display power up to fail.

What do i2c people think about changing the link order here?

What do other frame buffer drivers handle the absence of i2c during early
boot?

regards,
Uli

--

------- ROAD ...the handyPC Company - - - ) ) )

Uli Luckas
Software Development

ROAD GmbH
Bennigsenstr. 14 | 12159 Berlin | Germany
fon: +49 (30) 230069 - 64 | fax: +49 (30) 230069 - 69
url: www.road.de

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg: HRB 96688 B
Managing directors: Hans-Peter Constien, Hubertus von Streit