Re: Better support for Delkin cardbus CF adapters -- IDE layer

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Jun 09 2008 - 10:14:56 EST

> http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.workbit.co.jp/products/utata.html
>
> The contact form does not translate correctly and so it seems someone fluent in Japanese would be the best bet to approach Workbit for documentation/specification.

Japanese people have tried. ITOH Yasafumi one of the BSD folks has done
some very significant reverse engineering work on the Delkin and friends
to get PIO mode working properly. Our libata driver is basically built on
that work.

> I have a brand new spare card here (with a Delkin 2GB 305x speed CF card in it) and am willing to send it to a kernel developer interested in working on a driver for it (Mark Lord?). Alternatively if anyone wants me to dump registers under Windows, test drivers etc I am prepared to put in the time to help in these ways.

The current state of affairs is the libata pata_ninja32 driver. That
should give good PIO performance. If you want DMA I think you'll have to
do it yourself however, or hope the BSD folks get it working reliably.