Re: [2.6.26 patch] fat_valid_media() isn't for userspace

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Jun 09 2008 - 00:59:26 EST

OGAWA Hirofumi wrote:

We need to make this either __kernel_dirent_t[*] or something like struct __msdos_fs_dirent.

I see. "struct dirent" in linux/dirent.h has very few users in kernel,
and probably userland doesn't use it, so it seems it should be renamed.

Well, the patch is like this (sorry, other cleanup is in this patch)?
BTW, does typedef help it in this case?

If we're using a FAT-specific structure, then no, there is no reason to use a typedef.

-hpa