Re: [patch 00/50] 2.6.25.6 -stable review

From: David Miller
Date: Sun Jun 08 2008 - 22:27:41 EST

From: Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 16:07:47 -0400

> Jay Cliburn wrote:
> > David's admonition tells me I'm doing it wrong, and that I should
> > submit the stable patch to Jeff as well. Am I right?
>
> I usually encourage a more-parallel process where you simply email
> stable@xxxxxxxxxx with the upstream commit id of the change(s) in question.

Right, and if Jeff wants to work things that way for the
networking drivers that's fine.

Personally, I like to make sure some time passes between when
a fix goes into Linus's tree and when I push it into -stable
because time is often what shakes out the last remaining problems
introduced by some change no matter how seeming obvious the
patch is.