Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at f8dbf000 "isight_firmware"

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Sun Jun 08 2008 - 20:24:22 EST

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 11:11 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 06:51:42PM +0000, Justin Mattock wrote:
>
>> Now on to the status with isight firmware, It seems The two modules
>> are loading uvcvideo and isight_firmware, but there not talking with
>> each other upon booting,
>
> I'm not quite sure I understand. They don't talk to each other as such -
> the firmware driver loads the firmware, at which point the isight will
> disconnect and reappear with a new USB id. uvcvideo should then be able
> to bind. What are you actually seeing?
>
> --
> Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

There not binding, or uvcvideo is not binding,
under dmesg I see:
when not binding:
[ 14.971002] firmware: requesting isight.fw
[ 15.183152] usbcore: registered new interface driver isight_firmware

[ 16.849152] usbcore: registered new interface driver uvcvideo

when binded:

[ 15.319330] firmware: requesting isight.fw
[ 15.433080] usbcore: registered new interface driver isight_firmware

[ 16.810149] usbcore: registered new interface driver uvcvideo
[ 17.810745] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device Built-in iSight (05ac:8501)
[ 17.819252] uvcvideo: Failed to query (135) UVC control 1 (unit 0)
: -32 (exp. 26).

I've noticed the not binding more than binding. Usually I have to
start the system and remove the two modules, and then modprobe the two
then a reboot to have a proper load or binding of the two. Keep in
mind I am using a uvcvideo module that is a few weeks old, so maybe
this
is whats causing this.
regards;
--