Re: Lost Sound from 2.6.24 to 2.6.25 -- CS4236 ISA

From: Rene Herman
Date: Wed May 07 2008 - 07:28:29 EST

On 07-05-08 04:57, Pete Clements wrote:

Had a cold reboot today, now 2.6.25 is working just like 2.6.24. Have rebooted
in and out of 25 multi time and all is fine. Nothing changed to my knowledge so
I can't explain, must have had something screwed up.

Problem does exist post 2.6.25, except just silence. Did manage to get the
cyclic noise back after removing pnp, failing a module load, and adding pnp
back with warm reboots.

System will not configure PNPACPI.

Okay, thanks. Reproduced the silence (with a different ISAPnP soundcard, the AD1815). Will debug later today.

That "cyclic noise" thing is odd but I expect that's simply a side effect of the chip not initializing itself so that some connections are kept floating.

Rene.