Re: Linux 2.6.26-rc1

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue May 06 2008 - 09:07:31 EST

* Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ingo,
>
> On Mon, 5 May 2008, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>

>> * Andreas Mohr <andi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> probably related to the Alistair John Strachan media build breakage report:
>>
>>> LD arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o
>>> LD drivers/built-in.o
>>> ld: drivers/media/built-in.o: No such file: No such file or directory
>>> make[2]: *** [drivers/built-in.o] Error 1
>>
>> i reported and fixed that bug a week ago, see the "drivers/media build
>> fix for modular builds" patch on lkml.
>
> Thanks for your good work!
>
> I got several of your patches, and applied them on my tree. Not sure
> if I got all ;)

i'm tracking these fixes (and a ton of other fixes) because it's needed
by our tests, so will let you know if there's anything missing after the
next video push+pull. Have a good second look at the Kconfig patches i
did - Kconfig dependencies are a maze to figure out and debugging and
sorting those out is not particularly straightforward to someone like me
who just wants to do a hit-and-run fix.

Ingo