Re: Preempt-RT patch for 2.6.25

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue May 06 2008 - 04:44:21 EST

* Daniel Walker <dwalker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Since it's code that you regard stale it shouldnt be all that hard
> > to fix it up - in general it's much easier to fix a bug than to talk
> > it out of existence, even if you disagree with a maintainer about
> > how significant a bug is.
>
> It shouldn't be hard, but it's too much to do all in one go. [...]

this sort of "it was too hard for me but I expect the maintainers to
clean up the mess" stance, combined with an aggressive, uncompromising,
demanding tone towards the maintainers of a project wont get you very
far in contributing to any open-source project. You are not their boss,
you have to learn to work with them instead of trying to force your
opinion on them. They clearly try to work with you and gave a
straightforward technical description of how your contribution would be
acceptable to the project. All the rest is just a waste of everyone's
time that could be better spent on improving the project. JFYI.

Ingo