Re: 2.6.26-rc1-git1 -- trying to get vblank count for disabledpipe 0

From: Mirco Tischler
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 16:51:33 EST

On Mo, 2008-05-05 at 13:51 +0100, Steven J Newbury wrote:
> Miles isn't alone, I also get 'trying to get vblank count for disabled
> pipe 0' (GM965). vblank interrupts were previously not working for me,
> but they are now. I'm not sure what's changed.
> >
> > Do you have any GL apps running when this happens?
> >
> For me, this happens every time a GL app is run.
>
> I'm also getting occasional lockups. Often it's the window manager
> (metacity) that locks up when attempting to move a window, restarting
> the window manager unlocks X but attempting to move a window again
> results in another lockup. When it's locked up the pointer moves and vt
> switching works but nothing else. Other times I've had a hard lockup
> that required a hard reboot, this happens less frequently.

As written in a mail before, I have similar issues. I had the vblank
messages in 2.6.25-git17 or so, but they seem gone no. At that time, I
also had lockups, mostly when switching back from a vt to X. I was still
able to move the mouse, but the rest of the screen just didn't change
anymore. SSH login was still possible, so I tried to restart the X
server, but that did nothing. Although the X processes were finished, I
still had the X surface on my display, what seems rather strange to me.
By now situation has improved a bit, as the machine doesn't lockup
anymore. But from time to time I still get windows where only the outer
frame is shown, the contents of the window is transparent.
I have the impression that suspend/hibernation worsens the problems (no
proof though).
My graphics is a gm965 and I'm using gnome with the new compositing-able
metacity used in ubuntu 8.04.