Re: Ability to limit or disable page caching?

From: Kevin Burton
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 15:33:38 EST

.
>> /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure and /proc/sys/vm/swappiness are probably
>> what you are looking for.
>
> I haven't played with vfs_cache_pressure so I'll take a look at this.
>
> Unfortunately, swappiness doesn't work as intended.

OK....... I tried again and no such luck unfortunately.

Set vfs_cache_pressure to 0 and 200 (default is zero) and no luck either way.

A value of 0 us used for swappiness ....

Any other ideas...

The box has enough memory to do this as I can run it without swap....

Kevin

--
Founder/CEO Tailrank.com
Location: San Francisco, CA