Re: [patch 03/15] cgroup: dont call vfs_mkdir

From: Miklos Szeredi
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 09:44:00 EST

> > We do have a good reason: r/o bind mounts and AppArmor. And please
> > don't tell me, you also think that moving the security hooks to
> > callers is a good idea ;) That would actually be a change with a much
> > larger impact, both in terms of code duplication and of verifying
> > correctness.
>
> I think AppArmor is a horribly stupid idea to start with, and I'm not
> willing up to mess up the kernel tree for it.

Well, I'd hardly call this whole patchset messing up the kernel, and
you seemed to agree with most of the patches.

It may come as a surprise, but all of it (as well as reviews of the
r/o bind patches which found some pretty serious bugs) are because I'm
trying to work on integrating AppArmor cleanly.

You may consider it a stupid idea, and it may or may not be one. But
please try to be a bit more constructive on the issue.

Thanks,
Miklos