Re: git trees which are not yet in linux-next

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Sun May 04 2008 - 20:19:04 EST

On Sat, 03 May 2008 10:46:39 +0200 Stefan Richter <stefanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Of course some committers have more than one tree in -next. So if
> Andrew wants to know the actual tree, the laziest method which I know of is
> $ gitk <commit_id>
>
> Among else, gitk shows which branches contain the commit. (How to do
> this without X GUI?)

Unfortunately, this will not work either as I do not export to the public
tree the heads of each of the branches that I merge. It does work in my
tree until I do the next update.

However, if you look at the closest following merge that is committed by
me, that will tell you which branch the commit was on.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx