preempt-rt, need old style rwlocks for systemtap

From: Frank Ch. Eigler
Date: Sat May 03 2008 - 09:24:31 EST

Hi -

It has come to my attention that the preempt-rt patch suite
deliberately defeats the potential concurrency intended by systemtap's
use of rwlocks to permit concurrent readers of various data
structures. Since systemtap's probe handlers are all atomic,
nonblocking, nonpreemptable, it does not seem like there is any
real-time-oriented benefit in this. What can we do to work around
this and permit reader concurrency again in preempt-rt?

- FChE