Re: HELP: Is writeq an atomic operation??

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 19:04:23 EST

> Here is a trace from pci express analyzer. I'm sending
> 0x0800010000000000 to the adress DD1400C0 using writeq. Notice that in
> the TLP header it sent a 32bit Memory write with data length of two.

By the way, are you worried that there is something wrong with this
trace? Your write went out in a single PCIe packet, so it looks perfect
to me. Does the "Mem MWr(32)" worry you? I can't see why it would be a
problem -- the PCIe TLP only has one type of memory write transaction
(well, except for 32-bit or 64-bit addressing, but you don't care about
that), and memory write transactions are sent as a string of 32-bit
chunks, so there's no other way a 64-bit write could be sent.