question about circular locking dependency

From: Udo van den Heuvel
Date: Fri May 02 2008 - 08:15:24 EST

Hello,

While shutting down 2.6.25 on my VIA EK8000, just before turning off the
encrypted swap, I noticed messages about a circular locking dependency
rolling over the screen. The messages were not in /var/log/messages
after reboot.
The machine did shut down and restart without further problems.

I assume a serial console is the only way to capture the error messages
of this circular locking dependency.
Or are there alternatice methods?

Is this specific circular locking dependency a known issue?

Kind regards,
Udo