Re: Slow DOWN, please!!!

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 09:06:53 EST

On Thu, 1 May 2008 14:41:05 +0200
"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The testing is not really a part of the process right now, though.
> We somehow hope that the kernel will be tested sufficiently before a
> major release, but we don't measure the testing coverage, for
> example.

Well. Take 2.6.25.. we know Fedora shipped it in their alpha's and
betas (and in rawhide). Those are used by a lot of people; so for me
that's a whole bunch of coverage right there. Is it perfect? No.
But in a way it's in the spirit of open source: the people who care
about a stable release the most (distros) [1], helped us getting this
tested. The other people on this thread we care greatly at least also
help us test in general.

[1] Not trying to say no single person wouldn't care; but a distro
tends to care more due to the sheer number of users...