Re: 2.6.25-git2: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffffffffffffffff

From: Zdenek Kabelac
Date: Wed Apr 23 2008 - 16:28:16 EST

2008/4/23, Pekka J Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> > We should have returned from the function and not printed this message. If
> > we somehow skipped the test for !fault then end could have wrapped around
> > which gets us to 4GB.
>

> Aah, looks like it's just a silly bug in slab_fix(). If this looks ok to
> Christoph, can you re-test with this patch applied Zdenek? That way we'll
> actually know where SLUB expected to see POISON_INUSE.

Unfortunately it won't be easy to retest - I just know it happened to
me with some wi-fi networking interaction after resume. I'll rebuild
kernel with these slab patches - but I have now idea how to trigger
the bug.

In the attachment is bzip-ed dmesg in case it would be still needed
for something.

Zdenek