Re: False positive in checkpatch (2.6.25)

From: Andy Whitcroft
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 04:06:23 EST

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 03:33:48PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:

> ERROR: space prohibited after that '*' (ctx:ExW)
> #15: FILE: drivers/usb/core/driver.c:1544:
> + * when the system suspend started, so we don't want to resume it
> ^
>
> ERROR: Missing Signed-off-by: line(s)

Yes, pretty sure that was triggered by a bug in comment tracking when
it moved into quote tracking. From my testing here it should have been
fixed in v0.17, you have v0.16. Andrew has the change queued up so it
should be on its way to mainline. You can get the latest from the url
below to confirm:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/apw/checkpatch/

Thanks for the report.

-apw