Re: [rc8] Regression: key repeats and skips in music during compilation

From: Richard Jonsson
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 10:16:37 EST

Hello,

Frans Pop skrev:
The bug was already traced by me to "sched: fix fair sleepers" (which you list as well), and this was reverted just before the final 2.6.25 release.

Can you confirm that the issue is fixed for you as well with v2.6.25?

I have been running v2.6.25 for about a day now, and afaics the issue is gone.

Unfortunately most of the communication about this was done by private mails, although I did update the bugzilla entry and replied to the
"regressions" mails from Rafael. It's a pity if this has caused you unnecessary work.

I didn't know there was an entry for this in bugzilla, thanks for sharing. Must have missed the notice on lkml.

Note that Ingo has just resubmitted the (probably same) patch for 2.6.26 [1], so we're not done with this yet.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/4/19/166 (see also my reply)

regards, Richard