New comic book: Iron Man vs. Linux

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Apr 18 2008 - 09:48:03 EST

I couldn't make this up, there's a new comic book coming out, and the bad guy is "a post-national business man and kind of an open source ideological terrorist,” who sounds a lot like our favorite leader. The description is "Windows wants to be on every computer desktop in the world, but Linux and Stane want to destroy the desktop. "

Stupidity factor aside, you have to wonder who thinks it would be a good idea to push the idea of Linux as evil in books intended for children. Let's see, Linux evil, Windows good, who could benefit from that? Makes a good conspiracy theory, if you can believe that there is someone so set on profit that they would poison the mids of innocent children.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=15905 <http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=15905>

Since Linux is a trademark, I assume they can't really do this, MSFT would certainly sue if someone was going to publish a comic about Windows being evil.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
"Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still