Re: Smartmedia/xd card support - request for comments

From: JÃrn Engel
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 17:22:03 EST

On Thu, 17 April 2008 21:11:30 +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> Oops. I did not bother to look into drivers/mtd and for some reason it
> slipped out of my memory that it got mainlined. It's read only, but
> the missing bits to make it r/w are not that hard. At least less code
> than duplicating code all over the place for no good reason.

Indeed. If some janitor or kernel-newbie is looking for a fun project,
most of the code in drivers/usb/storage/*.c can be abstracted out to a
library implementation and possibly combined with drivers/mtd/ssfdc.c,
drivers/mtd/nand/alauda.c and some others.

JÃrn

--
The only good bug is a dead bug.
-- Starship Troopers