Re: [RESEND][RFC] BFQ I/O Scheduler

From: Aaron Carroll
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 06:29:39 EST

Paolo Valente wrote:
In my opinion, the time-slice approach of cfq is definitely better suited than the (sector) budget approach for this type of workloads. On the opposite end, the price of time-slices is unfairness towards, e.g., threads doing sequential accesses. In bfq we were mainly thinking about

How do you figure that? This is a situation where time-slices work nicely,
because they implicitly account for the performance penalty of poor access
patterns. The sequential-accessing processes (and the system overall) ends
up with higher throughput.

-- Aaron