Re: [v2.6.26] what's brewing in x86.git for v2.6.26

From: David Miller
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 04:45:47 EST

From: Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 01:40:54 -0700

> By keeping all this code out of -mm you haven't solved any of the
> merge/integration problems which we had in 2.6.24-rcX.

I think things would have been a lot easier if you had adopted
basing -mm on top of linux-next from the very start.

The responsiveness to problems and merge hassles has been so much
superior and efficient from the linux-next folks for my networking
stuff, for example. It's never been like that with -mm.