Re: Reporting bugs and bisection

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Wed Apr 16 2008 - 16:53:58 EST

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:16:06PM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> E.g. I am proud that my commits do virtually never introduce bugs, so
> any results someone publishes about what I do should better be right
> or my first thoughts are somewhere between "fist" and "lawyer". [1]

To avoid any misunderstandings:

This is not in any way meant against you personally.

But saying things like " X% of your commits introduced bugs" is not a
friendly thing, and wrong data could be quite hurting.

Especially in the open source world where much motivation comes from
people being proud of their work.

Even correct data can do harm.

And bad data can have really bad effects.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed