Re: Reporting bugs and bisection

From: Sverre Rabbelier
Date: Wed Apr 16 2008 - 15:44:07 EST

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Andrew Morton
<akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sounds like an interesting project.

Thank you :).

> Well yes. One outcome of the project would be to tell us what changes we'd
> need to make to our processes to make such data gathering more effective.

I defenitly agree here, the command's reliability could be increased
by always specifying bugfixes in a certain way. 'fixed-bug:' for
example should be very recognizable.

> Of course, we may not actually implement such changes. That would depend
> upon how useful the output is to us.

Ah yes, free will and whatnot. Then again, everybody already does
'signed-off-by:', if there's an easy command in git to mark a bugfix,
it would increase the odds of people using it. Perhaps something like
'git commit -b 10256" which would then automagically append a
predefined message to the commit users would feel more inclined?

Cheers,

Sverre Rabbelier