Re: 2.6.25-rc8-mm2: Observed problems: Not a detailed bug report

From: Zan Lynx
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 13:00:47 EST

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 20:33 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.25-rc8/2.6.25-rc8-mm2/

I figured that I would post these without details just so they're out
there. I've had trouble getting netconsole to dump anything when I need
it to. I've also had trouble convincing myself to spend the off-work
hours I need to narrow it down.

The general environment is a AMD64 laptop running 64-bit Gentoo, GCC
4.3.

Problem #1:
Compiling with the stack protector option crashes right after initramfs
loads. I think it might be dying while attempting to mount root.
Simple work around: Don't compile with stack protector.

Problem #2:
Resume from STR. The laptop suspends and goes into suspend state with
the blinking power indicator. On resume, it simply boots normally
instead of resuming. No idea how to debug this one. Bisect I guess.
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx@xxxxxxx>