Re: RE : Re: Question about Creative Webcam Pro PD1030 ? Bug ?

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 16:24:20 EST

> I forgot to cc the linux mailing list, so here it is again.

The better is to copy V4L mailing list.

> hi Mauro,
>
> thanks for your answer !
>
> I already contacted the authors (Mark,Wallac,Olawlor), but no feedback
> yet.
>
> I got no oops message from kernel.

So, this doesn't seem to be a driver issue. I suspect that your userspace app
is trying to configure an unsupported configuration. This driver still
implements the legacy V4L1 API. Maybe converting it to V4L2 would solve your
issues. Another option is to check if gspca driver works with this device.

Cheers,
Mauro