Re: AMD Quad Core clock problem?

From: Chris Snook
Date: Fri Apr 11 2008 - 14:39:05 EST

Marc Perkel wrote:
I was just wondering if there were any known issues
with AMD quad core phenom clock drift problems? I';m
running a 2.6.24 kernel and it's losing time. I
remember the first dual core AMD chips had a lot of
clock issues.

If this is something new let me know what information
to check and post to this list.

When reporting clock problems, please post dmesg. This has all the interesting timekeeping-related log messages from the kernel. Please also describe the drift quantitatively.

-- Chris