Re: linux-next: Tree for April 9

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 10:51:53 EST

[Ingo Molnar - Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 01:31:09PM +0200]

| * Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
|
| > Hi Jacek,
| >
| > On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 21:09:36 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > >
| > > Thanks for the report, can you please send us your .config, please?
| >
| > Don't worry about it, I found the problem.
| >
| > It seems that commit 883a9fc4e5d9b0701f15d4e5a23608f942104721 ("x86:
| > cleanup - rename VM_MASK to X86_VM_MASK") from the x86 tree seems to
| > have missed some places.
|
| i think what happened is that some changes came in from other trees that
| reintroduced the old symbols?

actually, that is the only explanation I could find. The last time I sent
you patches to fixup *all* VM_MASK (wich were grep'ed on *latest branch over
*all* sources inside x86). So this all were settled down by a few of my
patches and /for shame on me/ yours fixups. So these fixups were missed
on merging.

| if that's the case i'll add back the old symbol names to make the
| transition and integration easier.
|
| Ingo

- Cyrill -