Re: [-mm] Disable the memory controller by default

From: Paul Menage
Date: Mon Apr 07 2008 - 13:48:57 EST

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 5:16 AM, Balbir Singh <balbir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No, it is not all bad. That can be done, but we need to guard against a usage like
>
> cgroup_disable=memory cgroup_enable=memory
>
> The user will probably get what he/she deserves for it.

I don't think we need to guard against that. It seems perfectly valid
to have a lilo config with

append="cgroup_disable=memory"

and then want to boot with the memory controller enabled you can do

lilo -R <image> cgroup_enable=memory

The kernel command line will then look like

"... cgroup_disable=memory cgroup_enable=memory"

and the last switch should win.

Paul