Re: New IWL4935 driver for Intel Wireless Cards does not supportWPA2 wireless network with PEAP - MSCHAPV2

From: Pavel Roskin
Date: Wed Apr 02 2008 - 15:48:21 EST

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 08:24 -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Strangely I find with the 2.6.24 kernel currently in Debian, the intel
> wireless seemed to work great with WPA2 (at least on a 4965). Maybe
> that was 2.6.24.2 or 2.6.24.3 or something. It was a couple of weeks
> ago now. I haven't heard of the 4935 before.

Since nobody has mentioned that, it's possible to compile the latest
wireless drivers for the current kernel (starting with 2.6.18) thanks to
the compat-wireless package:

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download

That should be of great help for those looking to use the latest
wireless drivers without having to recompile the currently used kernel.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin