Re: [ANNOUNCE] Btrfs v0.13

From: Alex Chiang
Date: Mon Mar 31 2008 - 20:41:21 EST

* Alex Chiang <achiang@xxxxxx>:
> * David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > From: Alex Chiang <achiang@xxxxxx>
> > Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:26:33 -0600
> >
> > > I've gotten as far as successfully creating a btrfs filesystem
> > > (at least that's what btrfsck tells me), but haven't been able to
> > > mount it yet, probably because of the sector size issue.
> >
> > You should be able to make a filesystem with a sector
> > size >= PAGE_SIZE and it should work just fine. Please
> > give it a try.
>
> So, using the patch from my last mail, I created a btrfs, but was
> unable to mount it...

It turns out I am an idiot.

At some point, I got confused which btrfs trees I was working in,
and gotten switched up to where I had insmod'ed btrfs v0.13, but
was trying to mount a filesystem created with
btrfs-progs-unstable. Of course, I got a version mismatch when it
went to check for BTRFS_MAGIC and mount failed.

Moving to btrfs-unstable allowed me to mount the filesystem.

[root@canola btrfs-unstable]# mount -t btrfs /dev/cciss/c2d1
/mnt/btrfs
scan one opens /dev/cciss/c2d1
found device 1 on /dev/cciss/c2d1