Re: 2.6.25-rc7: Ugh.

From: Mark Lord
Date: Fri Mar 28 2008 - 01:52:33 EST

Mark Lord wrote:

When I rebuilt with all debug stuff on, the kernel was worse than
before, and just gave the "black screen of nothing" on resume,
with a hung system.

At least before the system didn't hang.

Now I've just booted with a differently configured kernel,
with only about half of the debug flags turned on.
This one resumes from suspend, and *with* working USB too.

Ugh. Gotta love it when the bug is so subtle that turning on
the debug flags makes it (1) get worse, and/or (2) get cured.

Here's the abbreviated diff between broken (no USB on resume, no hang),
and working (good USB, no hang) .config files.
..
-CONFIG_RTC_CLASS=y
+# CONFIG_RTC_CLASS is not set

Mmm.. also had the RTC conflict resolved in that one.
Time to try another kernel with just the RTC change now.