Re: [kvm-devel] kvm causing memory corruption? ~2.6.25-rc6

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 11:53:37 EST

Dave Hansen wrote:
On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 11:36 +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
I dug out my i386 install and tried it. Doesn't reproduce for me on either kvm.git or -rc7.

Do you have a working setup that we can bisect?

I don't really have a working revision to bisect against. I'm not sure
that it ever worked.

I'm fairly sure Windows works on kvm...

How did you generate the image?

It's also on my actual laptop, so it's a bit of a
pain to get any other work done while I'm bisecting. :)

I'll move the Windows image over to another machine today and see if I
can reproduce elsewhere. I'll also check some older versions of KVM to
see if any of those work. If I do that, should I keep the kvm
userspace, modules and BIOSes all synchronized from each version that I
test?

You can keep the userspace (qemu + bios) fixed and change the kernel, or vice versa.