Serious performance regression in Wine applications and Linux 2.6.24.*

From: Kai
Date: Sat Mar 22 2008 - 22:50:41 EST

Performance degrades by about 60% when I run Wine under any of the
2.6.24.* kernels. Attached are the output of lspci -vv and the two
config files of each kernel.

I upgraded to 2.6.24, back to 2.6.23.(not sure), then tried 2.6.24.1 and
2.6.24.3 and the issue is present in both; it's severe enough that Wine
apps are virtually unusable for me with this version of the kernel; I'm
having to use 2.6.23 until this somehow is resolved.

I'd like some help figuring out why this performance regression exists,
and what can be done to mitigate it.

Please CC replies; I'm not on the list.