RFC2644 (Enable Directed Broadcasts option)

From: Matt Richards
Date: Wed Mar 19 2008 - 20:48:39 EST

Hello,

Is it possible in the 2.6 kernels to enable linux routers to forward
directed broadcasts to the locally connected network?

The broadcast packet is routed OK until it hits the router that is
directly connected to the broadcast domain the packet is addresses to
and then it just appears to get dropped.

I have been reading that there isn't an option to enable these packets
to be forwarded or 'exploded' onto the correct network, if this is the
case is there anyway that I can make this work ?

Thanks for any feedback,

Matt.