Re: [alsa-devel] [regression] 2.6.25-rc4 snd-es18xx broken on Alpha

From: Michael Cree
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 23:54:40 EST

On 18/03/2008, at 4:24 PM, Bob Tracy wrote:

I'll try the below when I get back from my business trip (in approx.
two weeks). Apologies for the inconvenience, but the Alpha hardly
qualifies as a laptop :-). If someone else with a Miata (or other
Alpha with the ES1888 sound device) cares to give this a try, I *will*
be keeping up with my e-mail.

I should be able to give this a go over Easter on a PWS500au, which, IIRC, is a miata system.

As an aside, I have been using the ESS1888 on my XP1000 (in between system partition corruptions and restoring the system three times - I suspect a failing controller card which I have now removed) through the OSS interface for a couple of weeks without problems. This is indicative that the ESS1888 problem may be specific to certain Alpha models.

Michael.