Re: Linux 2.6.25-rc4

From: Anders Eriksson
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 20:19:18 EST

torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
> So try to see if you get to ide_error(), which is where Bartlomiejs latest
> patch was in effect - but add a few printk's there to print out the 'stat'
> variable etc to see if it actually triggers. And maybe a WARN_ON(1) to get
> the trace..

Seems we don't. At least this addition didn't yield anything:

ide_startstop_t ide_error (ide_drive_t *drive, const char *msg, u8 stat)
{
ide_hwif_t *hwif = drive->hwif;
struct request *rq = hwif->hwgroup->rq;
u8 err;

printk("ide_error(msg=%s, stat=%i)\n",msg,stat);
WARN_ON(1);
if (rq && rq->cmd_type == REQ_TYPE_ATA_TASKFILE) {

Going to bed...

/A