Apm_emulation and proper suspend

From: Kristoffer Ericson
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 06:33:39 EST

Greetings,

I'm reworking a couple of apm drivers and for whatever reason it doesn't seem to update my /proc/apm_bios. I was under the impression that it should do that when apm_bios was catted? Currently I have a value that never change. I export my get_power_status.. function properly but doesn't seem to touch it. I noticed that Richard had the extern int (void..apm_get_power) (...) declare an extra time (once in apm-emulation.h and another inside sharpsl.c), is that needed?

Also, is apm the "brains" behind the suspend/resume interactions? By that I mean, should suspend be initiated through apm functions
in order to be proper? I've tried to find examples but the best source of suspend related code is Richards code on sharp machines.

I've understod the proper way to suspend going from apm_request_suspend -> all devices suspend -> ready -> arch specific code -> off.

Best wishes
Kristoffer