Re: 2.6.25-rc2 System no longer powers off after suspend-to-disk.Screen becomes green.

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 12:52:47 EST

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Jeff Chua wrote:

> Works without those two functions.

Ahh. You're using the BIOS to re-initialize your video, aren't you?

If STR works without X, then you have something else resuming graphics,
and that may be what then interacts badly with the fact that the kernel
also does so.

> Ok, what's next?

Let's try to narrow it down to what the interaction is. Are you using
something like acpi_sleep=s3_bios or similar? That's what the kernel
support is supposed to make unnecessary in the long run, along with all
the video mode flickering (ie we should be able to resume to the video
mode we want, not flicker through unnecessary modes).

Linus