Re: Xilinx: hwicap driver comments

From: Josh Boyer
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 17:58:23 EST

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 14:11:43 -0800
Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:35:45 -0600
> Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Guys, can we all play too?
> >
> > Sure. You could add my tree to -mm if you want. Though I'd really
> > rather if we all sync up with Paul sooner so you don't have to track 5
> > or 6 "powerpc" trees.
>
> Yes, I was trying to pull Kumar's tree for a while. I still am doing so,
> but it's presently 6.5MB of conflicts, so I'll give up on that ;)

Kumar's tree is speshul ;). I'm entirely too nice and my tree tends to
just be a fast-forward to Paul's most of the time.

> In theory, your 2.6.x+1 material shold be ready to go well in advance of
> the 2.6.x release day (hah), so it'd be good if it could be in Paul's tree
> during 2.6.x's late -rc's.

Actually, 90% of it was. The recent stuff from my tree was all bug
fixes and/or patches that were waiting on some other subsystem
maintainer to get merged (the ehci usb bits, etc). I think I'm still
waiting on Jeff for a netdev patch even. Anyway, the exception to that
was the Virtex stuff so my bad there.

So I really am trying to play nice and mostly have stuff in by the
-rc's already. I'll take heed to your warning though and watch the
late commits from now on.

josh