Re: Bug? Kernels 2.6.2x drops TCP packets over wireless (independentof card used)

From: Eric Dumazet
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 11:31:02 EST

Marcin Koziej a Ãcrit :
hmm, i think, the site is broken (193.219.28.140), and not the card or
the driver is wrong. when it does, then other sites are auch
reproductable ..

/* is use auch madwifi-0.9.3.3, but it think, it is not driver problem */

Unfortunately, this is not the case :( This happens to all TCP connections, inside and outside LAN,
also with the telnet session with the router. I also tried to manipulate MTU, but without any positive effect.
I also tried to change things like net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control -- which i figured out might affect TCP traffic, but also didn't get any results.
I'm afraid this can have something to do with IRQ, because the PCMCIA cards (my Atheros wireless card is such) are visible only with irqpoll kernel option.

Of course, as I mentioned, everything works fine with kernel 2.6.19; with the same servers etc.

Very strange, as the tcpdump you gave shows that the remote peer only sent "220-\r\n"

This was ACKed, and then nothing but timeout. We can conclude remote peer is *very* slow or a firewall is blocking trafic after 6 bytes sent :)

Could you give a tcpdump for the same destination, on 2.6.19 this time ?