Re: T61P sound issue

From: Felipe Balbi
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 17:20:27 EST

Hi all,

On Feb 6, 2008 8:56 AM, Jiri Kosina <jikos@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, Theodore Tso wrote:
>
> > > I have also seen sound working flawlessly on another X61s. Maybe they
> > > changed some chipset revisions on the fly, or whatever.
> > > What does lspci -v show for your soundcard please?
> > Attached please find my lspci -v and dmidecode information.
>
> Thanks. As I have already written elsewhere in this thread, the problem
> went away after I updated the BIOS to the latest version. So it was Lenovo
> who was to blame, and I was just unlucky enough to hit the series with
> broken BIOS.

BIOS upgraded, now the sound works on consoles (beeps) but not even
alsaplayer can play sounds.

I'll keep trying.

In any case, I have other issues: Serial port is really laggy (on Dock
of course), even if I use a usb-serial converter, still laggy (laptop
or dock).
USB is taking ages to enumerate.

If anyone has any clue about these... please shoot me :-p

--
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi
felipebalbi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx