Re: [bug] networking broke, ssh: connect to port 22: Protocol error

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 08:11:54 EST

* David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:22:48 +0100
>
> > So no, it does not fix the problem. The config i sent is a rather
> > generic one, it should boot on most whitebox PCs. TCP connections
> > will fail immediately, all the time.
>
> I suspect this got added recently with how often and how thoroughly
> you test things :-)

yeah, although various other upstream breakages prevented real long
randconfig series in the past 2-3 days. I'd say it's either in this pull
from your tree:

Author: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue Feb 5 10:09:07 2008 -0800

Merge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6
* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6: (21 commits)

or perhaps in this one:

Author: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon Feb 4 07:43:36 2008 -0800

Merge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-2.6: (77 commits)

i'll figure it out, it's totally reproducible so it should be easy to
bisect. Just wanted to know whether you had anything queued up already
for something like this.

Ingo