Re: 2.6.24-mm1

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 16:26:54 EST

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 11:50:11 PST, Arjan van de Ven said:
> > A bugfix?
>
> yes it was a really painful bugfix, but still.

I'm not saying that it wasn't needed, it *was* a busticated API.

> I'll repeat the question. What would waiting for an -mm release have bought for this bugfix?
> Answer: nothing more than what was done on Linus git.

Just wondering what happened to the "large changes should percolate in -mm
for a bit beforehand" concept. We've seen a lot of patchsets that totalled
up to a *lot* less intrusiveness get pushed off with "This needs to cook in
-mm for a while".