Re: 2.6.24-mm1

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 12:05:53 EST

Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 17:16:34 PST, Andrew Morton said:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.24/2.6.24-mm1/

Builds, boots, mostly seems to run for limited testing.

One note - the following commit(s) (and related CPA reworking) broke the NVidia
binary driver (which is OK, I can fix *that* part). But can somebody explain
if this should have seen a trip through the -mm tree before it hit mainstream?
I didn't see these in 24-rc8-mm1:

well that depends on which -mm you tried; I'm sure the mm kernel of the day had it for a while.
I don't think it's a realistic expectation to delay every bugfix and arch patch until Andrew
gets around to releasing an -mm, not do I see the point of that, what would have been different?